From:
"John R. Nash" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John R. Nash
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 13:05:25 -0600
        In the UVM/UW game in the Showdown, there was a point in the game
when a Vermont player played a significant amount of time with a broken
stick (blade snapped off).  I had always thought that "playing with a
broken stick" was a minor penalty for safety reason, but nothing was
called. Can anyone clarify the rule for me?
        Also, a few times during the tourney I saw a player whose helmet
was knocked of continue playing for a while.  As I understood the rule, I
thought that the player was obligated to skate immediately to the bench
upon losing his helmet.  Again, has there been a change?  Also, if a player
is not allowed to play w/o a hemlet, can he skate over and pick up the
dislodged helmet and put it back on?
        Thanks in advance to any rule-mavens who can help out!

-==-John R. [log in to unmask] Chem. Dept-==-
                 --- "When in doubt, roll!" ---