From:
Mike Pattullo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pattullo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 09:52:00 -0700
Russ Bone wrote:

> ...  Finally, this was a game that the referee's should
> be called on the carpet for, as it appeared that they lost control
> early, and never gained it back.

They never have full control of a game... As a person who goes to a hockey game
in hopes a good game is played, I have to say that CC can do as they please and
the visitors will be called for less.

Head referee Mark Thomas is the worst WCHA official, assistant referee Tim
Swiader is the second worst and they always work together and they work CC home
games.  CC will never complain since they get the breaks.  I go to about 8 CC
games a year and if Thomas is the referee, the outcome is practically
guaranteed.  It's just a matter of how many power play goals CC will score, but
CC's power play isn't where is has been in the past.

In regards to assistant refs giving penalties, Swiader called "Too many men on
Ice" penalties on both teams and gave Sabo (UW) the 10-minute misconduct.
--
Mike Pattullo