From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luiz F. Valente
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 11:13:31 EST
I'd like to second most of what Larry Weintraub (Cornell'98) said
about last Saturday's Brown-Cornell game, and to add that I was
very impressed with Cornell. The Bid Red was, on the whole, pretty
solid on defense and very creative on offense. Moreover Cornell was
able, for the most part, to control play in the neutral zone.

Despite having played with a lot of intensity, Brown still needs to work
on some of the fundamentals, including faceoffs and coverage in the
defensive zone. Brown is trying to do some new things on both offense
and defense this year, and it will take time for the team to adjust.
Despite their dismal record (0-3-0), the 1996-97 Bears are a better
team than last year's. Brown didn't lose this game for lack of effort.
Cornell was the better team, and deserved to win.

Luiz F. Valente
Brown University