From:
Ken Pavelle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Pavelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 10:17:33 CST
Okay, okay.  Enough whining about no discussions on the list.  And,
before I begin, my apologies if my spel cheker doesznt work write.

I only started to follow the Div I scene last year.  And I noticed that
the ECAC was always at the bottom of the list for respect.  Well, watch
out WCHA, CCHA and HE, because this year the ECAC is looking tough.
Vermont looks like a legit #1 right now.  SLU is starting slow, but
will rebound.  Clarkson and Colgate look tough too.  It's too early
to tell for the ivies, but the upper tier should be impressive once again.

No disrespect meant to the other conferences, but the ECAC has been
slammed year after year.  I'm sure alot of that is because of the lower
strength of schedule.  This is unfair.  There are several teams in the
ECAC who are perennially non-competitive, but the teams that are good are
usually VERY good.  Last year's NC$$ tourney was a testament to just how
underrated the ECAC is.  LSSU bet Cornell...barely.  Clarkson lost to
BU...barely.  And Vermont lost to CC with the worst missed call in
Div I tournament history.

This year could be an eye-opener for the mainstream of Div I hockey.
I'm predicting this is the year the championship crown returns to the ECAC.

--
from: LTJG Kenneth A. Pavelle, NOAA
      NOAA, National Weather Service

      My Homepage:  http://www.abrfc.noaa.gov/kap.html

"Its hard to predict anything, especially the future" -- Yogi Berra