From:
Cliffy Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cliffy Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 16:16:12 -0500
On Sun, 13 Oct 1996, Arthur Berman wrote:

> I'm not seeking to have the last word on this (and who would give it to me
> :-)) but there are plenty of discussions about the Minnesota obsession
> with native players defined even more narrowly than nationality in the
> archives.
        I might Add how many national title does Woog have. Herb Brooks was the
last coach to lead the Gophers to a national title. Also, if you look at
other teams that faired well in the national title you will see Michigan
and C.C. both had a good mixture of Canadian and American players. I still
think that until Woog starts recruiting in a more holistic approach he will
never win a national title but he may continue to come close losing out
to a BU or A Michigan once again.
        I have friends from canada and they think that Woog's recruiting
only Minnesota Boys is offensive. If Wacker took that approach the Gophers
would be worse than they allready are in football.

        *The Fabulous Sports Goon, SIOUX YEAH,YEAH*
        * UND NRHH  CHAPTER PRESIDENT  1996-1997  *
        *        THE SPOKED B RETURNS SOON        *
        Wham Bam, Cam Neely Thanks for the Memories 1986 to 1996
        A Career Cut short by a Dirty Leg Check.