From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 17:32:09 -0400
Greetings -

   I generally surf into the Boston "Globe" (newspaper) on-line site
once/twice per week to browse around, and I noticed this week that the
Globe has recently put up a searchable index to its past 15 years of
coverage.  Ever the masochist when it comes to UNH Wildcat hockey, I
of course tested this out with "UNH Hockey" as the search terms, and
was happily transported back to a host of articles - both happy and
sad depending on your point of view - from the past decade and a half:
The final game in Snively Arena; the horrid collapse to BC at Conte Forum
in the HE "Measles Tournament;" the 1979 ECAC Championship at Boston
Gahden; tremendous game after tremendous game with Jeff Levy in net;
etc. - it's all there .... and more.  Anyone here on the east coast
with long memories should check this out, as it's a treasure trove of
nostalgia just waiting to be uncovered.  Beanpot features/stories from
ages ago; NC$$, ECAC, and HEA Tournament Coverage; Walsh/Parker duels at
rinks from Orono to Providence; etc. etc.  I can think of worse ways to
spend a lazy Sunday afternoon :-) :-)

  Point your browser to: <http://www.boston.com/globe/> and click into
the 'search' area, where there's a new pointer to the Globe Archive.  But
hurry - searches are free now, but fees are scheduled to be imposed on/
about 1 October, so come on down and browse away before it's too late !!

  Eagerly awaiting the start of a new season - Jim
  Go Blue !!  Someday we'll win ....