From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:10:12 -0400
On 31 Jul 96 at 21:49, Stephen St. Pierre wrote to I-H-L:

> Not Only Maine is affected by the recent NCAA penalties  but other
> programs may be impacted as well.  Maine seniors can transfer to
> other programs without sitting out a year.  Ii've heard rumers of
> Tim Lovell (god forbid) going to BU and that Jeff Tory will not
> return (whether this means turning pro or going to another program
> remains to be seen)  This could affecxt the balance of power in
> college hockey as lets say goalie  Blair Allison decides to
> transfer.

This is an interesting scene, especially considering Maine is going
to appeal the post-season ban.

Each of Maine's 9 seniors will have a choice to make, do they wait
out the appeal and take the risk of it running into the season, which
it appears it will.  Do they wait and just turn pro if the appeal
doesn't work out?  Do they wait and then play regardless because
scouts will still see them play, especially in Boston?  Or do they
transfer now, and assure themselves at least the chance of competing
for a title??

I think it's fair to suggest that 4 or 5 players will probably choose
to transfer or go pro in the next month or so, and also fair to
suggest some will wait it out.
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Orono, Maine