From:
Lance Harry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 14:01:32 -0400
On Saturday night, late, a car carrying 4 Andover HS hockey players crashed
returing from a concert at the Great Woods outdoor theatre in Mansfield Mass.

One of the men in the car was Cornell recruit Ryan Moynihan whom was treated
and released from a local hospital.  The driver, Jason Veilleux was drunk,
registering a 0.16 BAC (2x the limit for a minor in MA)

One of the passengers was killed, Peter M. Afarian a goalie for the Andover
HS team and was reportedly headed for Fitchburg St. next year.
 --end info from Boston Globe

The news on Sunday reported the other three boys (the other was Scott Monroe)
had received "scholorships" to Cornell.  Now we all know that this cannot be
the case, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm the relationship that
any of the others had with Cornell / Cornell recruiting.

This is truly a tragedy, but to deal with the Coll. Hockey aspect, how will
this effect the Cornell recruiting class if all/some of these kids were set
to go to Cornell???  I just saw a few days ago that Moynihan is Cornell's
prize recruit!  I have to think this will have a lasting impression on him,
especially on the ice - SAD!!

Lance & Amy (CU '92)  Harry