From:
Eric Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 1996 21:34:33 -0800
Jeff Partnow mentioned the other day that you could read the Nanook News at
the UAF (Alaska Fairbanks) web site, but I don't think we've ever mentioned
the address on Hockey-L.  Come by and visit at

http://www2.polarnet.com/~jcarlson/uafhockey/index.html

On a different subject... as I've been updating web pages, I noticed Cody
Bowtell has completed 3 seasons and 98 games for UAF with 6 penalties for a
total 12 minutes and now has 39 goals and 87 total points.  Amazingly, he
had four times as many penalties last year (4 for 8 minutes) as in his
first two seasons.

Are there comparable players at other schools?  It seems impressive to me
given some previous top scorers here could be taken to the penalty box in
pretty quick order.  On the other hand, does increased aggressiveness pay
off in more scoring?  Where's the dividing line between helping and hurting
the team in that area?  I love Cody's style of play and don't think I want
to see him play any differently, just wondering what people think about the
subject.

Do players' +/- statistics reflect time they are sitting in the penalty box
and the opposing team scores on the power play?

Eric Carlson