From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 23:37:36 -0400
At 10:43 AM -0400 7/3/96, Paul Gentile wrote:
>     A little over two months before BU's Terriers face off against Minn.
> Looks like Minnesota will be 0-1 going into their big series with CC.

Noticed that Lee commented on this...about all I'll say is that it's a
tossup (BU-Minn), could go either way.

>   I found a pretty decent URL for you web-footed hockey nuts. Its on The
> Hockey News' pages and lists all the NHL team's depth charts. You can
> find it at http://transc.com/hockey/fw96/depth.htm.

Thanks for telling us about this site, Paul.  I was disappointed to see
that THN gave college hockey no coverage in their web edition.  I looked
back through many of the weekly online issues, and while they had sections
on the minors (IHL, AHL, ECHL) and major junior, they had nothing from
their college columns.  Even after the NCAA Championship, they only gave
Michigan's win a small one-liner amidst the happenings of the week, buried
down a few levels - not even an article about the game.

But they have an email address for feedback on the site, so people might
wish to drop them a line and request that they add college coverage.

>    For instance, did you know the Shawn Bates of BU and Ryan Golden
> of Lowell are 10th and 11th on the Bruins' center list. Bonin is 17th on the
> Penguins' center list and St. Louis isn't to be found on anyone's lists?

St Louis is a free agent and so is Perrin, neither were ever drafted.  The
list probably only includes players whose rights are owned by the various
teams.

>    Does anyone know anything on this Brad Norton of Lowell who is on
> Edmonton's defense list? Is he related to their #1 defenseman Jeff
> Norton?

Brad Norton just completed his sophomore year not at Lowell but at UMass
(Amherst), so that was one of the mistakes they made (Lee noted some
others).  I tend to think he is not related to Jeff since the UMass media
guide does not say anything about this and it does say that, for example,
Warren Norris is the brother of Dwayne (MSU).  But anything is possible.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93