From:
John-Andrew Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John-Andrew Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 1996 10:19:37 EST
Okay, I apologize. This has little to do with college hockey directly,
but perhaps someone knows.

In the NCAA name posting it was mentioned that Jeff Jackson seeks to move
USA Hockey to SE Michigan. Does this also mean moving the current Olympic
training facilities? And have they moved the facilities from Albany-Colonie?
If they have it's probably old news. But I used to drive by the site on my
way to watch the Albany-Colonie Yankees a few years ago. I always thought
Albany was an odd place to have the facility. Up until recently the area
wasn't really hockey rich. Maybe that was the idea, no distractions.
Anybody have any knowledge of this?

Has anyone out there heard of the band, "The Zambonis"? The music is pretty
awful, but I was listening to their CD during my radio shift last night.
The lyrics are humorous, and there is one great tune to play at hockey games.
"The Goalie's Drunk" would work very well for opposing netminders. And,
"Referee's Daughter" might work for a few seconds. If you're into hockey,
this cd is a must --even though the music is pretty bad.

Peace,
John-Andrew Murphy
Fredonia State - 1993
SUNYAC Champions: 1994, 1995