From:
Eric Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 08:16:05 -0800
John-Andrew Murphy wrote:

> Brian Urick, the Freshman forward for the Irish, was chosen by the Edmonton
> Oilers. He was taken in the fifth round, the 114th pick overall, I believe.
> He's a good goal scorer with pretty good feet. We all know the type of
> players Sather goes after, so it's a great compliment to Brian. He's a hard
> worker and intelligent player. We hope he finds the net more often here for
> Notre Dame, the program needs a lift.

Well, Brian made a pretty big impression in his CCHA opener last season in Fairbanks when he racked up four
goals in a 7-4 Notre Dame win.  Notre Dame had already played Guelph so it wasn't his first college game, but
pretty close with a hat trick in his first CCHA game.

Has anyone scored a hat trick in their first college game?  Anyone else in their first conference game?

Eric Carlson