From:
"Brian D. Walrath" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian D. Walrath
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 10:12:02 -0400
[log in to unmask] asked:  How many others have been brought into
 the game because they saw it on television?

Television was the first exposure I had to college hockey.  When I lived in
DC, I would make sure I caught the CCHA game of the week.  Growing up in
Cleveland, Ohio really wasn't a hot spot for hockey so college hockey was
strange to me, but I found it tremendously exciting (even if I couldn't
figure out why OSU always lost).  I believe that it was this coverage that
influenced me to attend hockey games once I went to college.  Now I try to
plan everything around college hockey (vacations, honeymoon, dinner,
sleep......).  Luckily my wife is almost as big hockey nut as I am, or she
probably would flip when I pull out the vacation map and start marking the
cities that have schools that have teams so we can visit them (maybe thats
why she doesn't want to go to Boston this fall)

Brian D. Walrath

Is it October yet?????