Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 10:32:01 -0600
Terry Kasdan quoth:

>I think the interest is already there!  The U. of Arizona Icecats (A.C.H.A.
>Division I) rank near the top of attendance polls, year in and year out -
>for ALL of college hockey!  Arizona's average attendance - more than 6,000
>per game - is on par with all the top draws in college hockey.  And their
>rink, the Tuscon Convention Center (a.k.a. "The Madhouse on Main Street")
>rivals any college arena in the country.  Likewise, I understand other
>teams like Arizona State and a few in California and Florida, also draw
>well...
>
>The interest is definitely there.  But then again there's lots of interest
>and little action in other places too...

What happens next season, now that the Jets are leaving Winnipeg? Will fans
suddenly "tire" of college hockey?  Will Keith Tkachuk (1 year at BU)
encourage attendance to Arizona college games?

Will Arizona fans go as nuts as Colorado Avalanche fans, looking for *any*
kind of hockey they can find?

Hmmmm.