From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 16:49:40 EDT
Geoff Howell writes:
>Chris Dietrich posted the following Princeton recruits and question:
>
>>Defense -  Dominique Auger, Gloucester Rangers, Central Jr HL
>
>As I understand it, Auger is the prize of this class -- a former Central
>Ontario Junior Hockey Leauge rookie of the year who is a great skater
>and puckhandler.

Without hometown info, I can't be 100% sure, but I would bet the milk money
that "Dom" is the younger brother of Cornell forward Vinnie Auger.  The des-
cription above sounds like the kind of thing that's been said about Vinnie,
who was the Ivy League Rookie of the Year back in '94, before a back injury
cost him his entire sophomore season and several games last year.  Vinnie also
played in the COJHL, though he was with Hawkesbury.

If Dom plays like Vinnie did his freshman year, Princeton will have themselves
a star.

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  DJF  5/27/94
"I saw an ad for a set of dumbbells and a video tape on how to use them.  And
 I'm thinking, if you don't know how to use dumbbells, what are the odds you
 know how to use a VCR?"
-- John Mendoza