From:
Jamie Molitor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jamie Molitor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 1996 16:43:08 -0600
>We've had little information on Dean Talafous. Can anyone help with a
>little insight?
>
>Especially, where was his original pre-college home and pre-college hockey
>experience? Is he married and does he have children?
>
>Lowell King, Anchorage

Well, let me take his bio from the media guide...(paraphrased of course.)

Before River Falls, Dean spent four years at Minnesota as an assistant to
Brad Buetow and Doug Woog, starting under Buetow in 1982..  He also coached
the Minneapolis Junior Stars of the USHL for one season, taking them from a
last place team to a second place finish.
Prior to that he played eight seasons in the NHL.  He entered the league
with the Atlanta Flames in 1974, spent 3 years in Minnesota, and was with
the Rangers from 1978-82.  He retired due to a neck injury.  He was also a
member of Team USA Canada Cup club in 1976 and 1981.
In college he played for Wisconsin, under Bob Johnson.  In 1973, the
Badgers won the National Title and was named the tourney's MVP.
He is a Hastings, MN. native, playing for the Hastings Raiders and led the
team to the 1971 Minnesota High School Tournament.  He currently resides in
River Falls.  He is separated from his wife and has two kids, a daughter
and a son.  His son plays hockey for the Hudson Raiders and seems to be
following in his father's footsteps.

Jamie Molitor  [log in to unmask]

Falcon Hockey   1988,1994 Champs  1993 Runers-Up
Third place 1995, 1996
No Excuses!!!   www.uwrf.edu/sports/hockey.html

"The wise philosopher, Basho, once told me, 'A flute with no holes is not a
flute and a donut with out a hole is a danish."  -Ty(Chevy Chase)
CaddyShack