From:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 1996 17:26:53 EDT
Adam Bryant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I guess this just proves our point about calling them NC$$.  After all,
>if they really cared about education they would be:
>
>        http://www.ncaa.edu

What makes you say this? It's impossible for the NCAA to get the "edu"
suffix because it's not a school. A more appropriate suffix would
probably be "org." But who cares whether it's "com" or "org"? It's not
the NCAA that creates the demand for college athletics, it's we the fans
and the boosters -- and the media.

Ryan Robbins               "Nothing in fine print is ever good news."
University of Maine                                  -- Andy Rooney
http://maine.maine.edu/~rrobbi32/____________________________________