From:
Karen Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 11:57:46 -0500
I sent the attached message on Monday, but haven't seen it posted yet, so
here it is again:

I was listening to WEEI-AM 850 in Boston today around noon time, and Dale
Arnold and Eddie Andelman had Travis Roy on live via telephone from Atlanta.
(Note: Dale Arnold, who also announces Bruins games on NESN, is a longtime
friend of the Roy family dating back to his days as broadcaster for the old
Maine Mariners AHL team, and has known Travis since he (Travis) was a kid.)

It was *amazing* to hear his voice.  He sounded very upbeat, and even joked
 about taking out a few door frames while learning to use his wheelchair.  He
said that he is able to lift his right arm almost to his mouth, and will be
able to feed himself soon.

He thanked everyone who for their support, mentioning people from Wayne
Gretzky to "the 5-year-old kid who sends me a puck for his first goal."  He
also mentioned Jack Parker's visit Sunday, which Sean Pickett referred to in
an earlier post.  It was something to hear!

Karen Ambrose
UNH '72