From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 1995 17:09:31 EST
Towards the end of the summer the UMass-Lowell athletic department sent
out a flyer to those on their mailing list.  It detailed the rules and
regulations applicable to alumni/boosters/friends of players, etc.  (What
was allowed, what wasn't, etc.)  Not planning on having contact with any
players, I tossed it, but maybe I should've kept it.  Certainly was a good
idea - if more schools took such a pro-active approach my guess is that
maybe some of the recurring instances we see throughout college sports
could be avoided.

  - Steve

Steve Weisfeldt
Univ. of Lowell  1986, 1988

Karl - Saratoga CSR - x4226 <[log in to unmask]> writes:

         ...With the Maine situation being just the latest of many
        "violations" to NCAA rules, I was wondering if anyone had
        compiled a list of things that were acceptable to do for a
        student-athelete.  There are plenty of people out there
        that just want to give these kids a hand, and like me, I'm
        sure a lot of them just want to know what is ok to do for
        them.