From:
The Commish <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Commish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 21:46:09 -0500
        As a member of the University of Minnesota Hockey pep band for the last
two years, I have had an opportunity to see many other of the pepbands
at postseason tournaments.  Michigan, and BU have excellent bands and are
really good at getting their crowd into the game.  RPI does have a good
band, but they can get too rowdy at times which takes them (and the fans)
away from the game.  As for the WCHA I think the best bands are ours and
Wisconsin's, followed closely by Michigan Tech.  There was a man from
Denver University at the WCHA Final Five last year that talked to our
director about starting a band at DU for possibly this year.  Pep Bands
are an integral part of college hockey and it would be a shame if they
faded away.

Bryan Kamrath
U of M