From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luiz F. Valente
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 1995 15:20:40 EDT
>Posted on 15 Sep 1995 at 15:04:18 by Jason B. Cote
>
>Can anyone name four UVM grads who have skated more than one game in the NHL?
>Bonus: name their teams

In addition to the names mentioned by Geoff Howell, I'd like to add
goaltender David Reece (Boston Bruins). He was the goaltender Bowdoin
College (my Alma Mater) beat for the first of its six ECAC tournament
titles in 1971.

Bowdoin had finished at the top of the regular season standings of
what was then called ECAC Division II for three years, but hadn't been
allowed to participate in the tournament in 1969, due to NESCAC
rules, and had been defeated by David Reece and Vermont in the 1970
tournament final.

Reece, a two-time All-American, was a superb college goaltender, who
didn't do too well in the pros.

Luiz F. Valente