From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 16:04:00 EDT
Responding to Tony Buffa's question:

*To my knowledge*, the CCHA schedule looks like
this in 1995-96:

  11 full member institutions
  30 game conference schedule (3 games vs each team)
  5 teams play 3 games at Alaska Fairbanks (one trip)
  5 teams host UAF for 3 games (likely 2 trips)
  15/15 home/away schedule
  8 teams qualify for postseason
  best 2-of-3 quarterfinal series at campus sites
  single elimination semifinal and final at Joe Louis Arena

The 30 game schedule is almost as restrictive for non-
conference games as the WCHA's 32 game schedule.
Of course, only the 5 teams hosting UAF will be limited
to 4 non-conference games.  Teams traveling to UAF
can play 7 NC games.

The other new twist is that teams hosting UAF will play
2-of-3 games on the road in 6 of their other 9 series...
hence creating a 15/15 H/A schedule.

The schedule balances over a two year period.

Again, this is all *to my knowledge*, but I'm fairly
sure it's correct.

John H
U Mich