From:
Adam Kleinbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Kleinbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 02:26:27 -0500
Matt,
        I agree that the entire game was hard fought between Harvard and
Yale.  I agree also that it's too bad such good games should be decided
by the refs.  However, to be fair (even though you're from Yale and I'm
from Harvard) I was at the game and I feel compelled to add something to
your assessment.  With five minutes or so to play, the score tied at 2, Ben
Coughlin, the Harvard squad's captain, hit a bullet of a slapshot.  The
shot tagged the back of the net, a clear goal to all us sitting behind the
glass.  Problem was, it was hit so hard that it bounced back into play, and
the officials called nothing.  One of the worst no-calls I've ever
witnessed.  The roughing may not have been a great call.  But Harvard
should've been winning already.