From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 1994 15:32:00 PDT
A few notes from a recent article in the ANN ARBOR NEWS.
My apologies if this info has already been posted.

  The vote to admit UAF to the CCHA as a full member was
  8-1-1, with Western Michigan voting no and Notre Dame
  abstaining.  Eight positive votes were required for admission.

  Backed by corporate sponsors, UAF has guaranteed airline
  tickets, lodging and a per diem totalling nearly $20,000 for
  visiting teams.

  The CCHA Council voted unanimously to return to a one
  referee, two-linesmen system.  [Presumably for 1994-95.]

Comment:  The latter is the best news yet.  I'll gladly take one
guy with 1/2 a clue, because two guys with 1/2 a clue each
tended to cancel each other out. :-)  The two-ref system was
a comedy of errors in the CCHA.

As for experimenting with a shootout...no news is good news.
[I.e., there ain't gonna be none. :-]

  John H
  U Mich