Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1993 11:56:46 -0500
Wayne writes:
>Maine AD Mike Ploszek was on Dale Duff's Sport's Radio morning show this
>morning.  He said that since Maine played with an ineligible player,
>however unintentional, it is completely reasonable for Maine be asked to
>forfeit those games.  Maine has agreed to the forfeiture of those games.

This would also be consistent with past cases, in which using an
ineligible player has resulted in forfeiting all games in which the
player appeared.

>(You're welcome, Mike.  It was nice of host Dale Duff to ask all of my
>questions, but then I'd primed him with them 30 minutes earlier).  :-)

:-) Glad I could help!  And thanks for the summary.

>+ Footnote: Mike Machnik has reported that UAF has already forfeited
>  12 games in the Fall of 1991.  I have since discovered (what Keith
>  Instone reported to us on 28 Aug 1992) that though UAF forfeited the
>  games preceeding and following the pair of games with Maine on
>  11/21-22/1991, the ineligible player DID NOT PLAY in the UAF-Maine
>  series.  So the double forfeit question becomes an academic one.

I'm not sure about that.  The games Keith listed were ones which UAF
either won or tied, and used the ineligible player.  (I looked it up
too. :-))  There was no reference made to the games UAF lost, as to
whether the player appeared or not - it didn't matter since they don't
have to forfeit games they already lost.  (right?)  However, if
someone has the box scores produced by the Maine SID for those games,
they would show if UAF did use the player.  Also the official scoresheet.
Mike Machnik                                           [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                   *HMN* 11/13/93
<<<<< Color Voice of the (unbeaten) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>