Sender:
From:
Tim Viekman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1993 19:14:00 +0000
I was at a Hershey Bears - Portland Pirates AHL game last night
and a couple of my favorite players at UMaine were on opposing sides.
Mike McHugh was playing for Hershey and still looks pretty fast and
determined as ever.   Vince Guidotti, a Veazie native, plays for
Portland and I thought he had a pretty solid performance... he had
been playing in Europe and I'm sure he's glad to be closer to home.

On an earlier roster, I had seen that Portland had former Maine players
Martin Robitaille, Mario Thyer and Eric Fenton, but I don't think they
were playing last night.

Also - this was my first year going to an NHL (Preseason) game, and an
AHL game, and I must say that College hockey is a LOT more fun, exciting
etc to watch IMO.  I don't like the fighting in Pro hockey and I think
probably (especially as a student) it's more like "our" team... going
to classes with the players, being fellow students, etc, makes one feel
even more a part of it.  Also, it seems like the fans enjoy ->hockey<-
more at college games, rather than the fighting, etc.

Tim

-----
Tim Viekman                  Messiah College       Grantham (Harrisburg) PA
[log in to unmask]    Computing Services         (717) 766-2511 x3380