Sender:
From:
Steve Kapetanakis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1993 13:29:34 EST
Can someone out there enlighten me.  I thought the ECAC quarterfinal
playoff round was best 2-of-3.  Assuming I'm correct, and I know
I should never assume, here's my question:

Why was Brown declared the series winner over Yale?  The two teams
tied their first game 3-3, and Brown won the second 5-3.  Clearly,
by winning the third game, Yale would even the series and force an
overtime, but they weren't given the chance.

Now I know Hockey East's format was total points, yet I thought the
ECAC was best of 3.  Am I mistaken, or is there a flaw in the ECAC
system?

-kap

Steve Kapetanakis                             Phone: 508-453-5310 x243
Software Engineer
Aries Technology                              Email: [log in to unmask]