Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 91 10:57:10 EST
Jim says:
>Union at Salem State was snowed out on Saturday night. The coach of Salem
>called Union coach Bruce Delventhal and told him not to take a chance in the
>snow and freezing rain. The game will be made up at a later date.

    That's interesting since RPI, not far from Union, DID travel on Saturday
    to play that night at Lowell, not far from Salem State!  But I must admit
    that the roads weren't too good that day and I would not have been
    surprised if RPI at Lowell had been postponed.  BTW Elmira knocked off
    Salem on Sunday (7-4?).

>Tonight is the official proposal to the campus community about Union moving to
>Division I. AD Dick Sakala will make a presentation followed by a discussion
>involving students, faculty, administrators and I assume hockey players and
>coaches. I expect the decision to be made within a week or so.

    If anything interesting happens, please let us know?  Thanks, Jim.

    - mike