Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1992 13:56:17 EST
"[log in to unmask]" writes:
>Mike wrote to me personally:
>> I bet the guy with the power ratings is Chaz Scoggins of the Lowell Sun.
>> Lots of holes in his system from what I heard about it.

BTW, I just want folks to know that it wasn't my intention to put down
Scoggins for his rating (I just realized it could have been read that way),
rather, it seemed odd to me that someone would give apparent validity to
such a system by allowing the owner to vote that way in the TU poll while
simultaneously attacking TCHCR (as Bob did last year).  If Bob writes an
article about Scoggins voting BU first and Maine fourth, then I will
retract this statement, but until then, I see a double standard.

I'd prefer to see people be more tolerant of ratings in general.  The first
thing I do when I hear about a new rating is to try to find out what's
behind it, what is it based on.  Too bad everyone does not do that.  And
just because Scoggins has a system that's different from TCHCR doesn't mean
I think it's invalid...I just seemed to recall that there were some strange
things about it, but this was from 2-3 years ago and I cannot recall the
details.  I hope Tony can indeed dig up more information.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*