Sender:
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:25:40 -0700
7bit
From:
"Carol S. White" <[log in to unmask]>
As a Gopher fan, I understand what it's like to get to the big dance and
then bow out every time...  A coach has to be able to teach that "killer
instinct" to his team.  Never stop scoring, never give up type
attitude.  We suffered long and hard with Woog, who is a nice guy and a
good coach but could never win the BIG ONE.  New coach in Lucia, and we
have had success.  That being said, sometimes a team needs more than the
tools to get there, sometimes they need a REASON.

Example being this Gopher season.  We were having a down year, everyone
has them, but many Gopher fans were downright jumping ship.  Then Tom
Pohl was injured, and the team had a reason to band together and start
to win!  (I know the wins started before Pohl was hurt, but you
know...)  We also had a goalie change, putting in our untested freshman
Kangas who has been incredible!  They have banded together and gelled if
that's what you call it.  Nice to see the great comeback and it has
saved an awful season for many Gopher fans.  (this fan was okay with the
off season, they happen and then we get better)

So Umile might need to go... but only those at UNH know what's really
going on.

just my 2 pence

Carol
GO Gophers!!!