Sender:
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:32:46 -0400
From:
Bob Woodbury <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
I'm ALWAYS very reticent to blame a coach. But I think the facts and
numbers speak for themselves. And in this case, as an act of full
disclosure, "associate head coach" Scott Borek is a friend. As a
Maine fan, I'd hate to see Umile go. I kinda like the way things are
going for UNH. But I've also always believed the better every team is
in a league or conference, the better the league or conference (re:
WCHA). Never a night off is preferable to 10-2 games. Then, when you
win a league championship, you've really accomplished something. When
I did play-by-play, I always talked up the great kids on the other
team. And they were all great kids. When the home team won, it was a
proud accomplishment. If you lost, it didn't hurt quite as much
because of all those great kids on the other team.