Sender:
From:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:35:54 -0500
Apparently, all illusions are gone.  College hockey is just a minor league for
the NHL.  Yes, this the Snow below is Garth Snow.  Kyle Okposo has left the
Gophers mid-season to join the Islanders.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/12692637.html

Here are my two favorite quotes from the article.  I just love the "entrusted"
part.

"Quite frankly, we weren't happy with the program there," Snow said in a
telephone interview. "They have a responsibility to coach, to make Kyle a
better player, and they were not doing that."

Asked for specifics, Snow said, "[Okposo] just wasn't getting better -- bottom
line. And to me, that's the frustrating part. We entrusted the coach there to
turn him into a better hockey player, and it wasn't happening. We feel more
comfortable in him developing right under our watch."

Doug Peterson