Sender:
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 13:34:23 -0400
8bit
From:
"Spreeman, Cathryn" <[log in to unmask]>
Gentlemen, I was at the regional games in Manchester and I thought the
officiating was bad.  I am offering my opinion as a long-time fan of
hockey, and as a hater of squeakball, and at one point during the
weekend I observed to my ever-patient spouse "if the officiating
continues like this, we may as well be watching basketball."  There were
blatant calls missed and insignificant stuff whistled.  We opined at the
time that it seemed the officials weren't familiar with the style of
play in the east.  I have no scientific data to back it up, but it
seemed to us that whenever a non-HE official does a game with HE team(s)
involved, there are a ton of stoppages.

Posting on Hockey-L without adding a ream of documentation?  Not a
capital offense.

Cathy Spreeman
UNH '72 (same class as Umile, 'nuf said)