Sender:
From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1992 13:08:41 EST
For Hockey East:
   Player of the Year: Scott (?) Pellegrin, Maine forward and Captian
   Coach of the Year: Jack Parker, Boston University
   There's also Rookie of the Year and the Ceglarski Award, however I
     can't remember who won those two.  I'm sure others will give the
     full details.

For the ECAC:
    Player of the Year: Daniel Laperriere, St. Lawrence defenseman with
       8 goals and 42 assists.  A lot of forwards would be happy with
       50 points.
    Coach of the Year: Tim Taylor, Yale
    Rookie of the Year: Christian Soucy, goalie Vermont (They spelled his
       name right Bill :-) )

I saw the whole UMO-BC game last night and bits and pieces of the UNH-PC
game on TV last night.  Wow!  Maine looked incredibly good.  Their
forwards have so much talent and ability.  With the solid defense and
goal tending, they should be unstoppable.  I haven't seen Minnesota or
Michigan, but if they're just as good, the NC$$ Phinal Phour should be
incredible.  I making an assumption here of course, but a good one.
Scot Lagrand really kept the score as low as super-humanly possible.
Even if BU thought that they should have been there, it really wouldn't
have made too much of a difference.

Tonight's Clarkson-Cornell game should be very good.  The teams, bands
and fans should make for a great game and TV show.  The UMO and BC fans
were pretty lame.  The early start probably didn't help.

A lot of the local people are hoping for another North Country final.
It would be the third in about 6 years.  The Clarkson fans are really
hoping for it so the team can pay St. Lawrence back when it really
counts.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90

"There's an economist in the Soviet Union who's blinded by the lure of
   a Free Market system, but he's reminded that Dr. Oppenheimer merely
   invented the atom bomb while the devil and Michael Milken invented
   junk bonds."  Billy Bragg