Sender:
From:
"Ryan G. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1992 18:37:11 -0500
My question, to alll who have an opinion, is...

Do we really want the coaches to have control over who will continue to be
assigned games?

I hope (expect) that the coaches' input is just that one set of a large bunch
of inputs which determines an official's overall performance.
When you consider what a coach is looking for in an official, one who doesn't
call many penalties on his team and is able to catch all of the cheap shots
committed by his team's opponents, how can you say these coaches are good
jugdes of referees?  The only officials who will get good overall ratings by
all coaches are ones who let everything go.  Which makes college hockey more
and more like pro hockey, with everyone hooking and grabing everyone else.

Let the players skate and play hockey and get rid of the goons.
Just my opinion,

-Ryan Stone
 Lawrence University (Appleton, WI) '93
 Rensselaer '93

| RYAN G. STONE                     | "An individual can make a difference  |
| Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute  |  a team can make a miracle."          |
| e-mail: [log in to unmask]           |              - 1980 U.S. Hockey Team  |