Sender:
From:
Tom Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1992 15:47:25 LCL
 FWD>Cornell at Union/RPI

I waited and waited, because there are all these applications on my desk for me
to read, but I just have to respond to the postings regarding two games played
almost two months ago.

First of all, I did not receive Keith's posting, but according to Greg Berge,
Keith said something about Cornell fans visiting Union being "ranting and
raving."  Like Greg, I was there at the Achilles Rink.  You may remember I
remarked how nice a facility the rink is and all that.  I certainly did not
think the Cornell people acted unruly or anything of that sort.  We cheered
when the Big Red scored, faithfully (that is , if Cornell scored 15 goals, we'd
have counted up).  My understanding was that Union students just came back to
campus, and not too many students went to the game.  The Cornell group
certainly was very vocal to the point of being dominant.  And let's face it,
Union did not have a whole lot to cheer about that night.  However, they showed
their enthusiasm when Union scored the lone goal of the night.  Cornell fans
are great fans on the road.

As for the reason why we did not have a pep band at RPI, I heard it was because
their students had not fully returned to campus, therefore, the opposing team
could not have a band (or even half a band, for that matter).  It'd would have
been fun to have a battle of the bands at Houston Field House because it's so
cavernous.

The RPI ushers did warn us not to throw newpaper over the glass onto the ice
surface.  That's fair enough in my opinion:  RPI was not used to dealing with
that antic and we Cornell fans should respect that.  I crumbled up my newspaper
and just threw it on the ground.  I did not think the ushers were rude or
overbearing, but maybe just  a bit forceful.

Tom Tseng