Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1992 11:57:24 PST
Rich V.: "I do NOT approve of bipartisan cooperation of pep bands at games.
Psychological domination of the fans and the rink atmosphere is part..."

as a band member, I must say the following:

it helps neither band, nor the fans, for two bands to be competing for the same
air at the same time.  It sounds terrible.  When Clarkson came to RPI, both
bands were very good about sharing playing time.  There's nothing wrong with
civility, and it's even OK to hobnob with opposing fans, it does not diminish
your enthusiasm for your own team.

C'mon, "psychological domination?"  Is this college hockey or "1984?"

Ross
RPI `91
------
Go Engineers!     :-o "Toot toot!"