Sender:
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 18:50:29 EST
7bit
Comments:
I have no qualms about stating my preference for American student athletes at
American colleges. The proliferation of foreign athletes (not just in hockey
but football; basketball; soccer; et al) means one less spot for an American.
One more "cheap" shot from someone who obviously does not know where Tate
Rink at West Point got its name or for that matter all of the Army athletes
who have made the ultimate sacrifice for this country (and for you to launch
your ad hominem attacks). Only one year ago Billy Morrison (hey RPI the guy
who ruined your homecoming in 1994) lost the lower portion of his leg in a
heliocopter crash on a training mission. Five years not enough for you? I am
sick of the cheap shots at the Academy. Anyone can build a hockey program by
trolling the Great White North (and by the way it is a compliment that the
migration is one sided- our way) but I respect the Minnesotas and BC for
their commitment to American hockey players. You want to denigrate Army
hockey (I remember last year when SI ran a nice article on UND's goalie and
how he thrived in summer camp- Armys  goalie spent the summer studying field
artillery. Army will take on the best and do their best and never quit
something we should take pride in.