Sender:
From:
Jay Kleven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:53:51 -0600
I hope you come over to this way of seeing the game.  It can be frustrating
to lose when you are
sure your team is really better than those scores (believe me, as a BU fan I
understand that this year.)
I'm just glad to see the sport I love growing.  I only hope that it doesn't
lose any of its clean, pure
hockey style as it does so.  I'd rather have a 12-team NC$$ Tournament than
have us turn into the
sort of farm-team junk that big-time college football represents.  Hang in
there! UNO will get its share.

Dave Carroll
BU '73

I echo these sentiments exactly.  Watching all of the attitude involved in
D1 Basketball and football is awful.  I enjoy the remaining level of purity
in college hockey and the fact that $$ is not the only concern.   I enjoy
seeing the sport spread, especially into areas without significant hockey
traditions.  Sorry, Mr. Flickinger, but having a junior team whose entire
roster come from outside the area does not count as a strong local hockey
tradition (definitley NOT a knock on Omaha or the Lancers!).

happy Holidays
Jay Kleven
UW-Madison Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engr
Room 3338 Engineering Hall
1415 Johnson Drive
Madison, WI  53706
608-262-8949