Sender:
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:35:30 -0700
Edward Moller Writes:

> I would be interested in knowing how college hockey plays in Peoria
> and Colorado Springs.

Funny you should ask. I live in Boulder, an hour from DU and 2 hours from
CC and I too would love to know how college hockey plays in Colorado
Springs. :-)

Honestly though, I must commend the Denver Post for stepping up its college
hockey coverage over the last year or so. Already this year there have been
several feature articles written about the DU squad or players, and one or
two about the CC Tigers.

On a side note, it appears that a fellow named Michael Chambers writes the
college hockey articles for the Post -- over the summer he was also
assigned to cover the Colorado Rapids, our MLS (Major league Soccer) team
which suffered lack of press covereage similar to college hockey.

Which makes me believe that while writers like Chambers and Kevin Paul
DuPont (last time I was in Beantown he was still writing for the globe) are
passionate about their sport, only about one-fifth of their articles ever
make the press.

They gotta make room for the Dan Shaugnessy types who feel the need to say
very little every single day in the paper (except to launch personal
attacks at soccer and women's sports).

greenie
S P O O N  ! !
(go BU)