Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 1995 02:29:08 -0400
I believe all of the times Merrimack has played Air Force since 1989,
it has been a home-and-home deal: two at Air Force one year and two at
Merrimack the other.  Merrimack hosted USAFA this past season and will
travel to Colorado Springs next season.  That's a trip that I think
Heather and I are going to plan on making since we've heard so many
good things about it (and actually, Heather has been there before).

While USAFA is certainly an attractive place to visit, it is also true
that being an Independent, USAFA is in a bind to get games against
DivI opponents.  That's why I think it makes sense that they would
tend to sign two year deals with teams that want them.

I should get the Merrimack schedule next week sometime.  It sounds as
if a planned early season visit by Ohio State to the East may have
fallen through, so they are trying to fill that game.

Nonconference games I know of are:

* 2 at USAFA.
* Brown on New Year's Day.
* at RPI.
* Yale.
* Union.
* Princeton, perhaps.
* Ottawa tourney over Thanksgiving, including Ottawa, New Brunswick,
and one other US team.  Merrimack will not take the foreign trip
exemption for this tourney since they already took it two years ago in
Ottawa.