From:
Matt Rein #3 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Rein #3 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 1994 08:19:42 -0600
> >The Gophers last one a hockey championship the year before half the team,
>                  ?^^^?
>
> >including the coach, went on to win the Gold in the olympics.
> >

>         How typically arrogant from one(!) who doesn't know how to spell.
>         And how many NCAA titles has Wisconsin won(!) since then?
>

>         --mg

Maybe the woofer quoted above wanted to say one as in number one, as in number
one in the country (or in the world that year).  Or are we too anal-retentive
to catch any feeble attempt at humor.  I stress feeble.

Hey, isn't that Jeff Sauer I saw playing hockey in my dad's
St. Paul-Washington High School (Minnesota of course) year book?  Hmmm.

I'm sorry, I'm still feeling high from the Gophers beating Wisconsin up and
down in every sport this year.  A Cheesehead wrote into the Minneapolis
paper Sunday saying how she was razzed at the games a week and a half ago.
Maybe she doesn't realize that if they would just stay sober and show a little
class while attending games here in Minnesota things wouldn't get out of hand.
The typical Wisconsin cheers of "Drop the Puck!" and "Sieve Sieve Sieve" after
their song are cool.  All I heard Saturday afternoon out of the drunk
cheeseheads behind me (as the hockey team was getting beat) was
"Rose Bowl!"  "Rose Bowl!"  "Rose Bowl!"  "Rose Bowl!"  "Rose Bowl!"

Any spelling errors yet Mark?

These dumb discussions don't belong in this list.  Let's get on with more
important discussions like the Bob Kurtz thing or something else.

And oh yes,
Woof woof.     :-)

--
- Matt Rein