From:
Monhegan Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Monhegan Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2021 14:31:58 -0400
Hi everyone,
A patron asked me if I could help her identify a poem, and I have no idea.

She says: "It is about the cross-section of people that ride the mail boat
to an island community.  I don’t believe it was written for [Monhegan] but
since it is applicable thought you might have come across it.  It rhymes
and has a regular rhythm, but I can’t get more specific on the style.  It
has at least 20 lines and was probably written after 1950.  It talks about
the boat carrying day-trippers, supplies, workers and more."

I wonder if this rings a bell for anyone? Certainly sounds like something
someone would have written about Monhegan, or a neighboring island. Thanks!

~Mia Boynton

Monhegan Memorial Library
1 Library Lane
Monhegan, ME 04852