From:
Jill Piekut Roy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Piekut Roy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 2020 18:43:16 -0400
Hi all,

I’m excited to share a few more History Room Live events, for you or your patrons.

Friday, July 24 at 4 p.m.: Architectural History, Part 1

Join us on Zoom for an introduction to architectural history! Jack Martin will show how local architectural styles relate to trends in art history, and introduce a few vocabulary words that you can use to impress your friends on socially-distanced walks around town.

Event Links: https://www.facebook.com/events/2632577370325113/, https://www.patten.lib.me.us/event/history-room-live-7-24/

Friday, July 31 at 4 p.m.: We All Bleed Red: African American Soldiers from Bath in the 1st Maine Heavy Artillery Regiment

Tim Richter and Brenda Cummings of Bath Historical Society will present new research in their talk, We All Bleed Red: African American Soldiers from Bath in the 1st Maine Heavy Artillery Regiment. Two thousand two hundred men served in the First Maine Heavy Artillery regiment during the course of the Civil War. Twenty-eight of those men were credited to Bath, and three of those twenty-eight were African Americans, making the First Maine Heavy Artillery Regiment perhaps the only Civil War regiment where Black and white men served together. Learn more with Tim and Brenda on Friday, July 31.

Event Links: https://www.facebook.com/events/666971850557153/, https://www.patten.lib.me.us/event/history-room-live-7-31/

Jill Piekut Roy

Archivist & Special Collections Librarian

Sagadahoc History & Genealogy Room

Patten Free Library

33 Summer Street

Bath, Maine 04530