MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Wed, 20 May 2020 21:21:16 +0000
Important Update on Checklist and Zoom Recording

Look for the final guidance tomorrow.  As you all know, changes may occur on a moment's notice, but I fully expect we will all have a nice holiday weekend and be prepared to tackle any and all questions at our Statewide Zoom meeting on Tuesday.

Checklist:

Progress has been made in the last 24 hours!

Tomorrow, guidance for Public and Community Buildings will be posted on the DECD website:

https://www.maine.gov/decd/covid-19-prevention-checklists

MSL will review that document, link to it from within our guidance document, post to our website and announce the final official guidance developed by MSL, library contributions, DECD, the Governor's Office and the Maine CDC.

From the DECD and Governor's Office

Within that guidance, public libraries will be noted and instructed to:

  1.  Follow the General Public and Community Buildings guidance being posted on the DECD site tomorrow, as a minimum
  2.  Should follow the Maine Library Commission's checklist for more specific library guidance. The approved version is posted at: https://www.maine.gov/msl/about/commission/documents/LibraryChecklist-Approved-MaineLibraryCommission-May18.pdf.  Please note: Once the Community and Public Building Guidance is posted, MSL will modify the cover page to link to that resource. So this is not the final, final...
  3.  Libraries, when ready and confident they are prepared to follow all guidance, should fill out the COVID-19 Compliance form and feel free to download a badge or sign from the website. That form will be updated to include libraries.
  4.  There is no guidance on when a library has to open.  The guidance is to open safely and is dependent on your governing body and libraries' preparedness.

The checklist was reviewed by a team at DECD as well as the clinical public health review team with the following guidance:  The Public and Community Buildings guidance will provide important provisions that generally apply across public buildings, but the library-specific guidance, of course, offers much more detailed info about how to adjust library operations.

MSL will continue to engage with the clinical public health team via the Governor's Office as we receive more information from the REALM research project which has already begun testing library materials.

Zoom:

Yesterday's Statewide Zoom recording is now posted at the website and available for viewing:

https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/services/zoom_May19.mp4

Supplies:

MSL has also collected and research a supplies list that is also posted on the website.

https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/services/documents/COVID_Supplies_Libraries.pdf

Look for the final guidance tomorrow.  As you all know, changes may occur on a moment's notice, but I fully expect we will all have a nice holiday weekend and be prepared to tackle any and all questions at our Statewide Zoom meeting on Tuesday.

Stay well and more coming tomorrow.
Janet

Janet McKenney
Director, Library Development