NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Steven Premeau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 13:09:15 -0400
*What is happening?  On Sunday, April 29, 2018, from 5 a.m. - 5.30 a.m.,
US:IT Staff will be performing an upgrade of the UMS Single Sign-On system.
    The actual downtime of the work is expected to be 5 minutes, with the
remainder of the time being reserved for testing and verification to ensure
that the change is successful.Why is this work necessary?  This work is
required for better single sign-on compatibility with IT services used
throughout the University of Maine System, and is the first milestone in a
series of updates that will allow our Single Sign-on system to support
additional web applications.  This update also improves support for and
accessibility on modern devices, such as mobile phones and tablets.What
happens if the work is not successful?    If there are major issues during
the upgrade or the testing and verification processes, we will rollback to
the version currently in use, resolve the issues, and reschedule the work
for a future date.  If there are issues with individual services, we will
work with the appropriate support staff to correct the issues.  If you
experience any issues with the UMS Single Sign-On system after the upgrade,
please clear your browser cache and try again. For additional support,
please contact IT Support Services at 800.696.4357 or by email:
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>.Steve.*

--
Steven Premeau, Interim Director of System and Database Administration
University Services: Information Technology