GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Todd Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2017 11:45:22 -0500
January 31, 2017
The State of Maine Office of Information Technology has completed a GIS infrastructure refresh project.  Core GIS functions and data access are in the process of migration to this new environment.  We anticipate complete re-hosting of all State of Maine and Maine GeoLibrary GIS data and services by March 31, 2017.

As we transition, we will maintain legacy data access and service end points for a minimum of 14 days after the new services are available.  Consumers are encouraged to frequently check the Maine GeoLibrary https://www1.maine.gov/geolib/, MEGIS https://www1.maine.gov/megis/, and State of Maine ArcGIS On Line (AGOL) https://maine.maps.arcgis.com  web sites for updates.

Although our core technology consists of the ArcGIS Platform, the State of Maine and Maine GeoLibrary are committed to open data access.  As we replace legacy services with new, consumers may expect an expanded array of Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) compliant, as well as ArcGIS Platform native service types.

Consumers that frequent the Maine Office of GIS (MEGIS) data catalog to retrieve content may now, alternatively, access and download re-hosted data from the ArcGIS Platform at http://opendata.arcgis.com/datasets?q=maine%20geolibrary .

Sincerely,
Todd Metzler
State of Maine
ArcGIS Platform and Enterprise Geodatabase Administrator

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: