NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Andrew Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2018 22:09:01 -0400
I apologize for the delay in distributing these notices, however the list
server was among the affected systems.

Although work continues to finalize service restoration, this issue is
largely resolved at this time.  Additional information and details, as well
as future updates, can be found at the site accounts.maine.edu.  At present
here is the information available there:

The University of Maine System has experienced an issue with our enterprise
storage system, located in our Data Center in Orono. This issue impacted a
number of our enterprise services, including MaineStreet, portions of the
maine.edu web site, MyCampus Portal, and more. Additionally, the single
sign-on authentication service that allows UMS students, faculty, and staff
to connect to a number of cloud based systems, such as Gmail and
Blackboard, was also impacted.  US:IT staff has worked to rectify the issue
as quickly as possible.
We will continue to post updates to this page until the issue is resolved.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to work through this issue.
UPDATE 9:52pm - Service restoration work continues with current efforts
focused on restoration of the production MaineStreet and ImageNow systems.
Technical staff continue to work on affected services as fast as possible
while verifying that each system is functioning normally.
UPDATE 8:45pm - Authentication services and service monitoring systems have
been fully restored.  All cloud based services (Gmail, Blackboard) should
now be fully accessible along with key local services including the myUMS
portal.  Technical staff continue to restore affected services as fast as
possible while verifying that each system is functioning normally.
UPDATE 7:50pm - The recovery process continues for the various systems and
services impacted by the data center storage issue. Some services should be
available again now, while others are still being worked on. Single sign-on
authentication to various services, including cloud based applications like
Gmail, continues to be down. Further updates will continue as services come
back online.
UPDATE 6:38pm - The hardware issues at the root of this outage have been
repaired. US:IT staff are in the process of restarting UMS services and
applications, which may still take some time. We will continue to post
updates as this work progresses.

Thank you.

--
Andrew W. Henry