MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Melvin, Jenny J" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melvin, Jenny J
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2020 19:39:59 +0000
Hi All-
The Public Library Annual Report currently asks for number of programs and program attendance by age group (children, young adults, and adults). Many libraries are changing the nature of programs offered during the current situation. At the moment, we aren't sure what direction this is going to go and will likely take some time to work through. Since we haven't received official guidance from IMLS, we are asking that you continue to keep track of all virtual programs just as you have in-person programming. It will be important for you to keep virtual program counts and to keep them separate from physical programs for the time being. I anticipate more information on this from IMLS to be available in late summer.

Be sure to only count programs that are done or recorded by your library.

Live Programs:
Count each instance of a virtual program as 1 program. Count the audience while the program is live as attendees.

Recorded Programs:
Keep a separate count of views of a recording as attendees.  Record all of your views in a spreadsheet, as you might get a chance to use those numbers.

Thank you,

Jenny

Jenny Melvin . State Data Coordinator . Library Liaison - Regions 5 & 6
Maine State Library . 145 Harlow Street . Bangor, Maine . 207-947-8336 x116
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> . www.maine.gov/msl/<http://www.maine.gov/msl/>