From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1993 12:21:34 -0500

> >Does anyone know what the USAir/Sheraton Hockey Tournament on Dec. 29 and 30
> >is all about?  Which teams will be playing (besides Boston U.) and how
> >many teams will there be.  I'm just wondering if this is going to be a
> >cake-walk for B.U., or actually some tough games.
>
> >Thanks,
> >Brian
>
> The tournament schedule is:
>
> Dec 29  4:00PM  Dartmouth vs. New Hampshire
>         7:00PM  BU vs. Vermont
>
> Dec 30  4:00PM  Third Place
>         7:00PM  Championship
>
> I wouldn't consider any of these teams a cake-walk.  "On any given night ....."
> seems to be happening alot in college hockey this year.  Let's hope all the
> teams are at their best making it a fun tournament to watch for the fans.
>
> Bruce Spencer
> UNH '71

I must also note that BU will be without the services of four players, Lachance
(a replacable forward), Pandolfo (a very good forward in the mold of Dave Sacco
known for his versatility, balance of size and speed, passing, and always
intelligent play, and the defensive pair of Coleman and O'Sullivan.  Both are
good, but O'Sullivan is excellent.  He is the most irreplaceable of the bunch.
It is also uncertain at this time if BU's starting goaltender, Herlofsky will
be back yet (since McKersie, the backup is doing so well right now, this may
not be a factor).  Pratt should be back from his shoulder injury, but will not
have played in a game for quite some time.

Overall, I would say that if I were a betting man, I would have to predict a
BU-UNH final, with BU's hopes hinging on how well the defense compensates for
the loss of Coleman and O'Sullivan.  I would have to place my money on UNH, but
I would not, however, bet your life's savings on anything in this tournament
this year.  Either way, it should be a good little tourney.

I'll see y'all there...

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre